Founded in 1935, Arrow Electronics is a Fortune 500 company that is one of the world's largest providers of supply chain solutions and distribution of electronic components and computer products to industrial and commercial customers with 2009 sales of $14.7 billion.
Arrow spans the world's three dominant electronics markets; Americas, Europe, and the Asia/Pacific region, and Arrow is one of the largest electronics distributors in each these regions.
Arrow OEM computing solutions
Arrow's OEM computing solutions business unit (Arrow OCS) specialises in enabling a true OEM end-to-end experience, across the globe. Today, Arrow OCS builds and distributes products for customers in the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Arrow OCS is well positioned in the medical devices sector, with ISO 13485:2003 medical certifications to support both medical manufacturing and design, and has the experience to meet the rigorous requirements of the most demanding designs.
We supply, build and integrate appliances and devices serving business and industry, enabling faster time to market and revenue, with added flexibility and lower total cost.
Forward and reverse logistics expertise
As the outsource partner of choice for many Fortune 500 OEM firms serving the medical devices sector, Arrow OCS is focused upon reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO), by providing variable manufacturing capacity, engineering resources, strong supplier relationships, inventory management, financing and worldwide forward and reverse logistics expertise.
New product introduction to reduce OEM customer time to market
Arrow OCS utilises a proven 5 Phased NPI process designed to reduce the OEM customer time to market (TTM) and deliver a high quality solution. Our teams are trained on this process and maintain a disciplined approach to ensuring we meet both the TTM, cost, and quality objectives. These phases each contain key milestone activities that are closely monitored to ensure we remain on schedule in collaboration with our OEM customers.
The actual TTM associated with each of our OEM customer NPI engagements varies based on a variety of factors including finalising technical design, product complexity, material availability/supplier lead-times and special testing or agency certification requirements.
Arrow has more than 20 years experience facilitating NPI engagements with our customers, some of the best practices that we employ to reduce the TTM include:
- Engagement of local Arrow design engineering resources early in the customers design phase
- Early engagement and collaboration with key Arrow NPI support resources during the design phase to allow for preliminary reviews resulting in design for manufacturability and bill of material supplier selection considerations
- Arrow OCS proof of concept service to facilitate rapid prototype development
- Onsite engineering evaluation and sign-off of first articles to provide real-time resolution of issues and required changes
- Pilot builds and post pilot review prior to full production to validate manufacturing readiness and optimise the Lean manufacturing cell design
Representing many of the electronics industry's finest supplier brands, including, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Advantech, Emerson, Kontron, RadiSys, NEC, Kyocera, Sharp, Toshiba, Hitachi, AUO, and many others, Arrow OCS is able to source component and system level building blocks very cost effectively, as part of the true end-to-end OEM experience.
Medical device experience; device types built or integrated by Arrow:
- Hand-held / portable medical devices
- Medical imaging (MRI, CAT, PET)
- Ophthalmology diagnostic equipment
- Dental imaging, oral scanners
- Medical data collection and storage devices
Arrow Inc. awards and recognition
Arrow's commitment to quality and innovation continues to be recognised through top industry and business awards:
- Ranked 157 in the FORTUNE 500 listing (2009)
- One of Fortune Magazine's Most Admired Companies (2009)
- Information Week 500 for innovative use of information technology (2009)
- InfoWorld 100 (2009)
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
50 Marcus Drive
Melville, New York 11747-4210